Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] 13:35 - Jan 27 with 4919 viewsBrookers81

Neil Edwards.

Andy Fensome, Paul Butler, Craig Dawson, Andy Thackeray.

Andy Milner, Gary Jones, Alex Russell, Jason Peake.

Steve Whitehall, Ian Henderson.

Special mention for Ricke Lambert and the un-fulfilled potential of Paddy McCourt.

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 13:46 - Jan 27 with 2681 viewsTomRAFC

Taffy
Wayne Evans - Alan Johnson - Craig Dawson - Alan Goodall (1st spell)
Paddy Jonah Perkins (1st spell)
Cog Holt Hendo
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 13:47]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 14:32 - Jan 27 with 2625 viewsDale92

Edwards
Evans Dawson Bayliss* Tk
McCourt Jones Perkins Hendo
Lambert Holt
*Edit it was Jobson but after sine thought Bayliss came to mind. A rock of a man.

If we had loans Heaton in goal for sure, Wiseman was close with Evans and I personally loved Griffiths but Jobson had a top career. Jason Kennedy did a great job and Buckley and NML on the wings. The strikers are a plenty. However, if we didn't have Lambert and Holt we probably wouldn't exist now or be in the non league.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 22:47]

This is the One, I've waited for

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 14:41 - Jan 27 with 2615 viewsisitme

Welch
Wiseman
Reeves
Dawson
Kennedy
Buckley
Lund
Peake
Stuart
Lambert
Hogan

Although I would prefer a 433 as our wide players haven't been of the same calibre as our forwards. I suppose I could have shoehorned Henderson in instead of Stuart as a wide player.
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 2571 viewsShun

Heaton
Wiseman O’Connell Dawson TK
Buckley Lund NML
Hogan Holt Henderson

Very attacking-heavy, I know, but I couldn’t leave some of them out!
If we aren’t allowed loans then swap Heaton for Edwards and O’Connell for Stanton.
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 14:58 - Jan 27 with 2589 viewsfinberty

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 14:32 - Jan 27 by Dale92

Edwards
Evans Dawson Bayliss* Tk
McCourt Jones Perkins Hendo
Lambert Holt
*Edit it was Jobson but after sine thought Bayliss came to mind. A rock of a man.

If we had loans Heaton in goal for sure, Wiseman was close with Evans and I personally loved Griffiths but Jobson had a top career. Jason Kennedy did a great job and Buckley and NML on the wings. The strikers are a plenty. However, if we didn't have Lambert and Holt we probably wouldn't exist now or be in the non league.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 22:47]

Jobson's top career was elsewhere.
He admitted to being embarrassed to admit he played for Rochdale.
Whilst taking a wage from Rochdale.
For that single reason, he will never make it into my list.

Welch, Evans, Kennedy, Reeves, Dawson, Milner, Jones, Lund, McCourt, Holt, Henderson.
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:29 - Jan 27 with 2544 viewsjonahwhereru

Defence is easy, midfield difficult and the forward line nigh impossible.

Welch
Evans, Dawson, Reeves, TK
Jonah (who else) Perkins, Buckley
Henderson,
Dagnall, Holt

Trouble is the bench would be full of strikers and the side is not the most balanced
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 2524 viewsNigeriamark

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:29 - Jan 27 by jonahwhereru

Defence is easy, midfield difficult and the forward line nigh impossible.

Welch
Evans, Dawson, Reeves, TK
Jonah (who else) Perkins, Buckley
Henderson,
Dagnall, Holt

Trouble is the bench would be full of strikers and the side is not the most balanced

Welch
Jones Dawson,Reeves, TK
Eui Marinez, Jonah ( cpt) Perkins, Hoy
Holt, S. Taylor
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:54 - Jan 27 with 2501 views1949er

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:38 - Jan 27 by Nigeriamark

Welch
Jones Dawson,Reeves, TK
Holt, S. Taylor

Tom Heaton
Paul Hallows Alan Reeves Craig Dawson Tom Kennedy
Billy Rudd Gary Jones
Bobby Hoy Ian Henderson Reg Jenkins Mark Stuart

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Login to get fewer ads

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:57 - Jan 27 with 2496 viewsjoecooke

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:38 - Jan 27 by Nigeriamark

Welch
Jones Dawson,Reeves, TK
Holt, S. Taylor

Nice to see Eugene Martinez in there, loved watching him as a kid.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 16:01 - Jan 27 with 2491 viewsYorkshire_Dale

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:57 - Jan 27 by joecooke

Nice to see Eugene Martinez in there, loved watching him as a kid.

What about your own namesake Mr Cooke?
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 16:13 - Jan 27 with 2473 viewsjoecooke

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 16:01 - Jan 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

What about your own namesake Mr Cooke?

Not sure he would displace Reeves and Dawson but would give em a run for their money!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 16:16]

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 2405 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Frankie Fielding
Wiseman (Part 1) Dawson Jack O'Connell TK
Jones Paddy Flitcroft
Hendo COG Hogan
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 17:44 - Jan 27 with 2389 viewsjokerthief

Anyone who discards Stan Milburn.....Reg Jenkins.....are excused .
Because they are not old enough to have known them.
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 18:17 - Jan 27 with 2343 viewsBrookers81

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 17:44 - Jan 27 by jokerthief

yep, you can only name ones you watched play, nice seeing a few names there I nearly chose like wayne evans, paddy, lambert, TK and daggers.

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 18:28 - Jan 27 with 2330 viewsThacks_Rabbits

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 17:44 - Jan 27 by jokerthief

Welch (hodge on bench)
Wiseman
Reeves
Dawson (Butler/ Cooke on bench)
Graham (pre Francis assault)
Jones
Reid
Peake
Buckley (paddy on bench)
Holt
Lambert (Murray and Steve Taylor on the bench)

Working on 7 subs so final 1 would be John Ryan - who was good for 6m. Every subs bench needs a John Ryan.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 18:30 - Jan 27 with 2328 viewsChaffRAFC

...................................Heaton..........................................

Rafferty..........Reeves..............Dawson..............Kennedy

McCourt.........Jones............Perkins............Simpson

.......................Holt..............Henderson......................

If loans aren't allowed then Edwards comes in for Heaton.

Also, mentions for Lambert, O'Grady, Lund, Wiseman, Butler, Russell and Whitehall

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 2253 viewsmingthemerciless

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 15:54 - Jan 27 by 1949er

Tom Heaton
Paul Hallows Alan Reeves Craig Dawson Tom Kennedy
Billy Rudd Gary Jones
Bobby Hoy Ian Henderson Reg Jenkins Mark Stuart

Bobby Hoy instead of Norman Whitehead ?
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 20:55 - Jan 27 with 2203 viewsboromat

I hate answering these I change my mind all the time. Here goes....

Gray
Evans Dawson Johnson Peake
D.Thomspon Jones Allen Russell
Hendo Holt

Subs
Edwards, Griffith's, Rose, Perkins, McCourt, Lambert, Murray

What's apparent when doing these things is how good we've had it in the forward positions I've missed out Hogan, Buckley, Platt, Evil, Stuart, Townson, Ellis, Diaz. We've however lacked in central midfield in comparison and that's why Jamie makes it for me. Don't think we've ever had a more technically gifted centre mid and he happened to come through the youth system. Camps has been hit and miss recently and Cannon never really got his chance in central midfield, Lund had a lot of injuries. Looking back then through the years you've got Flitcroft, J.Kennedy, and then alot of forgetful central midfielders.

PS. Started watching in about 93.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 00:12 - Jan 28 with 2106 viewsBrierls

Welch

Wiseman
Dawson
Reeves
Todd

Mendez-Laing
Jones
Perkins
Buckley

Holt
Henderson

It’s bonkers that the likes of Lambert, Murray, Le Fondre, Dagnall, O’Grady, Hogan etc don’t get in that team. We have had our fair share of striking talent.

McCourt would be in there for pure joy to watch but ultimately the wingers I picked provided more as far as chances and goals are concerned.

The keepers is an interesting one if you consider loan keepers...both Heaton and Banks were excellent, and Hahneman wasn’t far behind.
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 01:21 - Jan 28 with 2086 viewssweetcorn

Fielding*

Rafferty
O’Connell
Dawson
Goodall

Lund
Perkins
Allen

Hogan
O’Grady
Henderson

*don’t think fielding was the best (he was good though), but he was enjoyable to watch at the time
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 1:28]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 08:09 - Jan 28 with 1983 viewspioneer

Harker, smith,parry,ashworth, Ryder, whitehead, leech,Rudd, Butler, Jenkins, Buck sub melledew
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 08:55 - Jan 28 with 1958 viewselectricblue

Marcus Hanaman. 

Andy Fensome, Alan Reeves, Craig Dawson, Wayne Evans.. 

Graham Atkinson, Gary Jones, Alex Russell, Jason Peake. 

Grant Holt , Ian Henderson. 

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 09:39 - Jan 28 with 1911 viewsdingdangblue

Welch
Evans
Reeves
Dawson
TK
Buckley
Jones
Allen
Mendez Laing
Hogan
Holt

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 12:54 - Jan 28 with 1793 viewsmingthemerciless

All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 08:09 - Jan 28 by pioneer

Harker, smith,parry,ashworth, Ryder, whitehead, leech,Rudd, Butler, Jenkins, Buck sub melledew

Certainly the most entertaining team I've seen. On their day they were a joy to watch.
All Time Dale XI - Whats the best XI you saw play [4-4-2] on 13:23 - Jan 28 with 1754 viewsTVOS1907

I don't think Fensome (right-back) and Thackeray (right-back) should be in the same team - or indeed any team on this thread!

Anyway, my XI is:

Keith Welch

Wayne Evans
Alan Reeves
Craig Dawson
Tom Kennedy

Dave Thompson
Gary Jones
Dave Frain
Mark Stuart

Ian Henderson
Grant Holt

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024